As a woman, you face special challenges when trying to stay healthy and access quality health care. You work so hard to take care of everyone else, from your spouse or partner to your children and your aging parents, that your own well-being sometimes takes a back seat. But if you are to continue your quality caregiving, you need to take time to care for yourself.
Even when it seems there is no time, you need to take time for yourself. From regular doctor visits to monthly self-exams, there are things you can do to improve your overall health and feel better than ever before.
If you have access to the Internet, the help you need could be as close as your computer. Here are 10 great women’s health blogs you should be following.
1. WebMD – WebMD is one of the best known medical websites, and its blog is equally informative. This popular blog regularly covers issues of interest to women’s health, from advice on menopause to summer sun care tips.
2. AARP – If you are a woman of a certain age, the AARP healthy living blog is must reading. Even for younger women, this popular blog is informative, interesting and useful to your overall healthcare regimen.
3. Thank Your Body – From makeup tips to healthy cooking, this one-stop women’s health blog has it all. Thank Your Body has long been a favorite, and it is easy to see why.
4. Minimal Baker – Designed for women who love to cook for their families, the Minimal Baker blog makes it easy to bake, cook and create delicious desserts without going to the grocery store every day or stocking the pantry with hundreds of ingredients.
5. WomenTalk – The WomenTalk blog is a real favorite, a safe space where women can gather to talk, swap stories and share their favorite tips for healthy living.
6. TEDMED – An extension of the famous TED talks, TEDMED, and its associated blog, focuses on the latest advances in medical technology, as well as interviews with pioneering doctors and research scientists. If you are fascinated by the cutting edge of medicine and technology, the TEDMED blog is for you.
7. Girls Gone Strong – This popular blog celebrates girl power in all its manifestations, from interviews with leading female scientists and politicians to tips on healthy eating, exercise and caregiving.
8. SheKnows – If you are curious about any aspect of women’s health, you can probably find the answer, and a healthy discussion, on the SheKnows blog. A gathering place for experts and laypeople alike, the SheKnows blog definitely belongs on your reading list.
9. International Women’s Health Coalition – Women’s health is truly an international concern, and this great blog focuses on the health and societal challenges of women around the world. From reproductive rights and sexual repression to political power and clean water, this great blog covers the waterfront of women’s health and happiness.
10. Healthy Women – This aptly named blog is a must for your reading list, with tips for healthy eating, the latest on scientific advances and cures for common illnesses and even a sprinkling of alternative medicine.
If you want to care for others in your life, you first need to care for yourself. The more you know, the easier it will be to safeguard your own health, and the 10 blogs on our list can give you the information, and the inspiration, you need to live a happier and healthier lifestyle.